Over the last six months we have seen more and more organizations move to session based technology for cost reasons as well as compliancy reasons. The current solution set that BVA would recommend or offer were Microsoft based or Vmware. There has been some strong project clients that we have interacted with that forced the Citrix as the solution set. As a result BVA had to become well versed in the solution and test it internally which was done very successfully. This solution has a small footprint and works great for internal or external clients. It also plays very will with streaming video and audio which the Microsoft solution has some challenges.
- Simple to deploy – You can set up VDI-in-a-Box in three simple steps and go from zero to production in under an hour, and eliminate the dependency on storage and network resources
- Simple to manage – With VDI-in-a-Box, all you need is Windows expertise to centrally manage and securely grant anytime, anywhere virtual desktop access to your users
- Simple to scale – To suit your changing business needs, VDI-in-a-Box has the flexibility to incrementally grow a deployment on-demand by simply adding inexpensive industry standard servers
Designed for IT organizations with simpler needs, VDI-in-a-Box makes it easy to deliver centrally managed, personalized virtual desktops securely to any device on any network—all for less than the cost per user of new PCs. With Citrix HDX, users enjoy the same rich, high-definition experience found in enterprise-class Citrix XenDesktop no matter what kind of device they use.
Transform desktop IT
- Reduce your PC refresh budget by deploying virtual desktops instead of more expensive PC replacements
- Empower Windows® admins to handle virtualization with a single intuitive management console, eliminating the need for storage specialists, network administrators, database administrators or virtualization experts
- Cut desktop management costs by consolidating patching and management, lengthening PC refresh cycles and scaling incrementally without having to overprovision for key features like high availability