Symantec has recently release a backup exec appliance called the Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance. Here are some specifications.
- It is an all-in-one solution pre-packaged with Backup Exec 2010
- Includes 5.5 TB of useable disk space.
- Unlimited software licensing to protect 5.5 TB of disk storage.
- You can protect an unlimited number of servers and applications both physical and virtual.
- Web based management console.
- It includes RAID 5 data drives, mirrored SSDs for the OS, redundant power supplies and battery backup on the RAID controller.
I have yet to first hand see this product in action but it does sound like a pretty neat little box. This appears to me to be a more enterprise level backup solution as the price tag MSRP is around $25,000 dollars, but it packs quite a punch for such a small device.
I tried to demo this but Symantec will not actually send you a demo product. I probably wouldn’t either for the cost of one of the devices.
|CPU||Quad Intel Xeon 2.4 Ghz CPU|
|Memory||16GB DDR RAM|
|OS||Windows 2008 R2 Embedded|
|Security||OS Hardened At Factory with Symantec Critical System Protection|
|Data Storage||2 X 40GB SSD Disks for OS (RAID 1)
4 X 2 TB SATA Disks (RAID 5)
5.5TB of Useable Deduplication Storage Capacity
|Disk Management||Onboard Hardware RAID 5 controller|
|I/O||One 1Gb Ethernet port (1 additional port dedicated for Appliance Management)|
|Other I/O Ports||One FE management network port / Two USB 2.0 ports|