For the Android, Windows, and Blackberry users who want to become an iPhone user, you’re in luck. Apple is launching its first trade-in program for selected Android, Windows, and blackberry phone. You can trade in your phone for a new iPhone 5c, iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus, but not an Apple Watch. Apple first launched its standard iPhone Reuse and Recycle trade-in program in 2013, which even expanded to the iPad. Apple announced on the individual retail store pages and also announced that it is available in the U.S., France, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, and Italy.
For more information on the trade-in program, click on this link.
Here are the top 7 mistakes a company can make when going mobile.
- You have to make sure you manage mobility right or it could land in the door of security breaches or violation of rules.
- Underestimating your need for mobility.
- Being vague as in one-size-fits all. A business with a one-size-fits all will not perform as well as a business with specific customized plan to a device.
- Not starting early. If your mobility plan isn’t grounded careful, you’ll end up paying for it in the long run with constant fixes and troubleshooting.
- Planning with a large amount of employees, IT, executives, HR, rank-and-file and users to get as much feedback as possible while planning.
- To think mobile devices are as self-sustaining as laptops.
- Not getting the help you need when you need it.
When your company decides to go mobile, make sure you consider these mistakes and take the right precautions.
Portégé is an ultrathin and durable laptop starting at $849.99 on Toshiba. Even if you have to take it on the go, it is easy to get up and take your laptop with you. It is an ultrathin and feather light weight so you have easy access anywhere you go. It is a great business ultra-book with an ample battery life rating and also have amazing security features for work on the good.
Taking your laptop on the go can be tough sometimes, you always have to have a great case just in case it slips through your hands. The Portégé has a Tough Body chassis that is shock-absorbing design, so you don’t have to worry about it lasting and breaking on you.
This laptop has a built in TPM (Trusted Platform Module), which is fingerprint reader to make sure it provides the best security around. So you are always protected at all times.
The greatness doesn’t stop there. There are three 3.0 USB ports along with a 10 hours of long lasting battery. With your laptop being off, you can charge your cell phone and/or tablets.
This ultrathin laptop has it all. To the battery life, to the shock-absorbed, and to the security. This is a great choice for those always on the go but also needs their laptop so they can get work done.
For more on the Portégé, click on this link.
So for those who do not already know about Internet Explorer, it is going away. However, there will be another new browser coming out. The new replacement will be codenamed Project Spartan. The new Project Spartan is said to be a new fast and updated browser. IE will still be around, however, only for enterprise compatibility. Project Spartan will serve as the primary Windows 10 internet browser.
Microsoft has tried to raise the bar with IE to make it as popular and useful as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari but could not compare.
When Internet Explorer first came out in 1995, it took off and killed off. In 2002, Internet Explorer was at its peak and was 95% of the browser market. Microsoft unfortunately left Internet Explorer alone for five years and in that time it left customers frustrated. When IE tried to come back, Firefox and Chrome were at the top and there was no way to pass them.
Now that IE is going away, keep an eye out for Project Spartan. For more information, click here.
Controlnow has a web protection that is built to protect web manage and block malicious websites for your business. Today in the technology world, viruses are always right there waiting to attack. You want to make sure you are always protected from viruses and malicious websites. When you are searching for protection, you want to get the best around and one that promises to keep your computer protected at all times. Here is some important information about Controlnow and its web protection.With Controlnow you can get real-time graphical views and alerts of bandwidth usage. Every person that uses a computer isn’t “computer savvy” but that is why there is ControlWebProtection to help those users and make it easier for them to protect their computers without all the hassle. ControlWebProtection updates every 5 minutes and alerts you if there is any suspension going on. It doesn’t matter what kind of device you have, it will protect it. It has specific browsing controls that are automatically updated once installed.
For more information about ControlWebProtection, click on this link.
Elephant Drive is simply a storage virtualization used as an online backup tool. It is used on Windows and Mac platforms. It protects all your data once you move it to the Elephant Drive.
It is very easy and secure to use for all your files. You can get access to your files from any computer or device. You also get access from any browser with no software download required. With using Elephant Drive, you can share and send your files securely with permission. On your iOS or Android you can reach your files without the hassle along with your home or business NAS devices you get full access.
For more on Elephant Drive, click here.
- Epson iPrint makes it easy to print wirelessly with your phone. If you are an Android user, it requires Android 2.1 and up. You can print or scan files with the magic touch of your finger. Epson iPrint is also compatible with Microsoft Office products and online support with Dropbox, Box, Evernote and Google Docs.
- HP Printer Control allows you to scan documents from iCloud, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and of course Facebook. For iPhone users, you need iOS 4.3 or later to be able to use the app.
- Lexmark Mobile Printing lets you send your documents to the device so you can print right off your phone with your app. Lexmark lets you select the number of copies, and number of pages per side for each print job it handles.
- PrintJinni allows you to print documents as well as pictures for 30 days free. After the 30 days users will have to subscribe to the service in order to continue to print documents. You can print multiple things including things from the internet or plain text.
- Samsung Mobile Print can print, fax, or even scan from any Android device with Android 2.0.1 and up. Samsung mobile printer allows contents from Google drive, Facebook, and Twitter. Also allows you to print, scan or fax office documents like PDF, images, and emails.
- Brother iPrint & Scan is user friendly, easy menu and can print web pages, emails (Gmail only), and PDF files and Microsoft Office products. This application is also free.
- PrinterShare Mobile Print is $12.95 for the premium key but free for the original. With the premium key you are not limited on your prints but with the original version you are limited on your prints. The printer can be accessed via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USD connection.
For more information, click on this link.
Top 10 best tech gadgets you can’t buy in the U.S.
- Xiaomi Mi Note, also known as “the best smartphone you can’t buy in the U.S. “. The price for this smartphone is $370 USD. Xiaomi Mi Note is much thinner than the iPhone 6 Plus, including a great camera. Making your pictures better than ever without all the fuzz.
- Nokia N1 Tablet is only available in China, with Europe being next. This tablet is also known as “iPad mini 3 with Android” because it is the same size as the Apple’s iPad but with Google’s OS Lollipop. Although it is not an Apple product nor the Apple software, it has the Z Launcher software interface.
- Lenovo Vibe Shot with a 1080p screen and front camera is 8 megapixels. Also no price on this one either. The Lenovo Vibe Shot will run off of Android 5.0. It will come with 32GB of internal storage.
- Meizu MX4 with 3100 mAh super battery and a 20.7 megapixel sensor for the camera inside. A nice metal-bodied with a built in 16 or 32 GB.
- Firefox OS Smartphone: LG Fx0 is a gold transparent phone with 16GB of storage, front camera with 2.1 megapixel, and rear camera at an 8 megapixel.
- Jolla Phone/Tablet will be selling in 31 countries and U.S is not one of them. It is said to be released in May of 2015. There are two models, one with 32GB and a 64GB and both of those models have a slot for a microSD card.
- Fujitsu Lifebook GH77/T is going for $2,000 in Japan at the moment. A 15.6-inch screen and a portable display with Windows 8.1. Lifebook can also connect wirelessly to a screen, keyboard, and mouse.
- Thanko HD Drive Recorder is also selling in Japan for $475. It is a car dash camera that’s able to capture everything in your windshield and put it all on to a 32GB microSD card. It will overwrite your older footage if you do not take it out. With 1080 HD videos and 120 wide angle to capture everything.
- Casio Exilim EX-100 is another selling in Japan and not the U.S. along with a zoom lens that’s a f/28 aperture and a larger body with an image sensor. A camera willing to try if you live in Japan.
- New Nintendo 3DS XL, now this one is available in the U.S to sell for $199.99. Only in Japan they have the swappable faces available.
For more information, click on this link.
Since Apple announced their new MacBook, Google went ahead and announced their new Chromebook Pixel which embraces the USB-C standard. Unlike Apple who only has one USB-C port, the Chromebook Pixel has two USB-C ports along with two USB 3.0 ports, SD card reader, and headphone/mic jack. “We wanted to output display and charge at the same time” said Google. “It can deliver up to 100W of power, which is more than even the largest laptops typically need” Google said after being asked why USB-C?
The battery life for the Chromebook is said to last up to 12 hours. Once you get your Chromebook do not forget to claim your 1TB of Google Drive cloud storage for three years. Everyone will get this option as long as you claim it within 180 days of getting your Chromebook.
The Chromebook will be starting at $999 for the Intel Core i5 with 8GB of RAM and 32GB SSD. $1,299 for the Intel Core i7 with 16GB of RAM and 64GB SSD. Free shipping for both, plus they will ship out within one to two days.
For more on the Chromebook, click on this link.
Google now has a calendar app for the iPhone. The Google calendar app will help a lot of people out with iPhones that have multiple things going on at once to keep track of, all in one app. On Tuesday, the calendar app had launched. It launched four months after the Android version dropped.
It also has a very handy feature along with it. For example, if you book a hotel or buy concert tickets, once you get a confirmation email it will automatically schedule it in your calendar along with any important details such as check in times or the concert time.
The Google calendar will also work with any other calendars that you already have. A schedule that also allows you to look at the calendar at a glance, which saves you some time. The Google calendar adapts to your preferences when creating an event, which also saves you more time.
The Google calendar is compatible with iPhone 5, 6 and 6 Plus, along with the iPad and iPod touch.
For more on the Google calendar, click here.